Does Health Insurance Cover Hearing Aids?
Trying to ascertain hearing aid benefit information from your health insurance carrier can be difficult. We all know that Medicare, at this time, does not provide any hearing aid benefits, but your secondary to Medicare may provide some assistance. Other health insurance providers also may provide some help. Hearing HealthCare, is in network with most insurance companies and also works with many county, state, federal and non-profit organizations to provide everyone with the best hearing health care.
Below is a list of insurance companies, along with county, state and federal programs that Hearing HealthCare is in-network with. Please call our office if you are interested in finding out what type of benefits you may be eligible for. We will work with you and your insurance company to be sure you get every penny of coverage available to you.
- CareFirst Blue Cross/ Blue Shield
- Federal Blue Cross/ Blue Shield
- Blue Cross/ Blue Shield all other products
- United HealthCare All Products
- United HealthCare Community Plan (Medicaid)
- Maryland Physicians Care (Medicaid)
- Priority Partners (Medicaid)
- Amerigroup (Medicaid)
- MedStar Family Choice (Medicaid)
- TriWest Veteran’s Choice
- Johns Hopkins- Advantage Maryland
- Johns Hopkins Employee Health Plan
- Banker’s Life and Casualty
- Office of Worker’s Comp- Department of Labor
- Foreign Service Benefit Plan
- Maryland Department of Rehabilitation Services (DORS)
- I.A.T.S.E. Local 22 Welfare Plan
- Baker’s and Confectioners Union
- Mail Handlers
- National Association of Letter Carriers
- Montgomery County Public Schools
- Montgomery County infants and Toddlers Program
Your employer may also offer an FSA or HSA (flexible spending account or health spending account) that pulls money from your paycheck pre-tax and sets it aside for future medical expenses. In this case, the costs still come out of your pocket, but it would be untaxed, thus saving you money. If you’ve already used your FSA funds for the year, in order to maximize your benefit, consider what your hearing needs and costs will be the following year when you sit down with your company’s benefits coordinator and decide how much of your paycheck you’d like to reserve tax-free.