Job Invitation – Patient Care Coordinator
You only get one chance to make a great first impression, and at Hearing HealthCare, Inc. (HHCI) that first impression is most often made by our Patient Care Coordinator (PCC). Not only is the PCC the face of our practice, they are also an important part of the caring environment that our patients and prospective patients deserve and expect.
HHCI is a team oriented, Audiology practice that has been serving the Washington, DC Metro area for over 20 years. HHCI was built on a foundation of patient care, patient well-being, and patient success. Every team member at HHCI does and must possess the traits of warmth, compassion and commitment which are necessary to maintain that foundation .
The Team at HHCI is an extraordinarily dedicated group of people whose focus is on the diagnosis and rehabilitation of hearing disorders through unsurpassed patient care. As the first point of contact for our patients, the PCC must share and exhibit a patient-first mentality, whether greeting/assisting all who walk through the door or answering the phone.
In any medical practice the responsibility for making every patient know that they are the most important person in the world belongs to the entire team, starting with the Patient Care Coordinator.
Duties include, but are not limited to
- Opening the office and ensuring the patient waiting area and PCC desk is neat, cleaned and welcoming at all times during the day
- Giving a warm greeting to everyone who walks through the door and assisting patients during the intake process of filling out forms, collection of insurance and HIPAA information
- Scheduling of patients and organization/maintenance of providers’ daily schedules
- Organizing and maintenance of paperless patient database
- Cheerfully and clearly answer a multi-line phone, routing calls appropriately, retrieving phone messages and prioritizing return calls
- Telemarketing, patient retention calling, referral tracking and preparation of marketing materials
- Intake and processing of in and outbound shipments (hearing aids, earmolds, other devices/supplies) ensuring proper equipment is in house prior to patient appointments
- Collecting and recording of patient payments and health insurance information.
- Assisting providers with patient flow, faxing reports and any other assistance they may require
- Working closely with the PCC from our Rockville location and Back Office Staff
- Special projects and other duties may be assigned as needed
- Abiding by practice’s COVID-19 protocols and other standards for cleanliness and safety
- Abiding by HIPAA training and regulations to maintain the utmost confidentiality regarding patient health information
- Arrival at 8:30am and being ready for office opening at 9:00am. Closing is 5:00pm Monday through Friday
- The opportunity to work in a supportive, caring, team-oriented environment where everyone is heard and respected
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a front office/ patient care coordinator type of roll in a medical practice
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with an office management/scheduling computerized system
- Minimum of 3 years experience determining a patient’s health insurance benefits and the ability to communicate effectively with health insurance companies
- People-person who exhibits patience, warmth, compassion, and respect to every person
- Ability to put patient’s needs first at all times
- Ability to speak cheerfully, clearly and slowly as the primary patient population is hearing impaired
- Ability to multi-task and organize in a fast paced office environment
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office suite
- High School Diploma
Preferred but Not Required Qualifications:
- Conversant in Spanish
Please be prepared to provide three recommendation sources.
Hearing HealthCare, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $19.00 – $22.00 per hour
Hearing HealthCare, Inc. has a strict COVID-19 protocol which includes daily staff screening, mask and glove wearing along with cleaning processes. Patients are screened, seen one at a time and often at the curbside to keep our staff and patient’s safe.
Please forward your resume to [email protected]