Cleaning and Care
Like all technology, your hearing aids require care and maintenance. Keeping your devices clean can help prevent wear and tear, extend the life of your technology, and keep you hearing clearly. Regular use of the following items can help ensure that your hearing experiences are second to none.
Hal-Hen ® Deluxe Hearing Healthcare Accessory Kit
This deluxe accessory kit has been designed to enable hearing healthcare professionals to take a more comprehensive approach to hearing aid dispensing. This all-purpose kit contains the most popular hearing aid accessories and is ideal for ITE and BTE hearing aid users.
The kit includes one each of the following:
- Hal-Hen® Eargene™ – soothes, cleans and heals tender areas of the ear.
- Hal-Hen® Mini Dri-Aid™ – removes moisture from In-the-Ear, Canal and Mini Behind-the-Ear hearing aids.
- Hal-Hen® Sanitize™ – germicidal and cleaning spray for In-the-Ear hearing aids and earmolds.
- Battery Tester With Key Chain – features a compartment for storing two hearing aid batteries.
- Wax Removal Tool – removes wax from ITE hearing aids and earmolds.
- Cleaning Brush – removes foreign matter in or around the microphone opening.
Hal-Hen ® Super Dri-Aid™
Moisture is the enemy of all hearing aids. Dampness, humidity and body moisture reduce their sensitivity, shorten battery life and cause corrosion. Where moisture conditions are excessive, the sensitive microphone and receiver may even become inoperable. The Hal-Hen® Super Dri-Aid™ protects from all types of hearing aids from moisture. Before retiring for the evening, place hearing aid inside jar on top of foam pad and close cover securely. Pellets start working immediately to remove harmful moisture from hearing aid. Remove aid next day when ready to use.
Compare these features:
- Hal-Hen® Super Dri-Aid™ is the most effective desiccant available. Utilizing special molecular sieve pellets which are physically and chemically different from silica gel based products, Hal-Hen® Super Dri-Aid™ pellets have an enormous capacity to hold moisture and based upon regional moisture conditions, can last for months before requiring rejuvenation.
- Special blue indicator pellets turn opaque to let you know when rejuvenation is required. Hal-Hen® Super Dri-Aid™ can be rejuvenated many times and will give you years of service.
- Hal-Hen® Super Dri-Aid™ is useful in keeping testing molds and tips free from moisture as well as removing moisture from canal and ITE instruments.
- Hal-Hen® Super Dri-Aid™ is ideal for use at home or office
Hal-Hen® Sanitize HH 4 oz. Spray Bottle
Hal-Hen Sanitize HH is a cleaning spray for In-the-Ear hearing aids, earmolds, otological and medical instruments.
- Ideal for hearing aid users.
- Sanitize is packaged in a convenient 4 ounce pump spray container.
Hal-Hen® Earmold Air Blower
With this tool, a special valve in the rear enables high pressure to build up at all times, without the bulb collapsing. This facilitates the removal of moisture and foreign matter from molds and tubing after cleaning. This procedure will provide a clear opening from hearing aid to eardrum. In humid climates, Earmold Air Blower can be used to eliminate build-up of perspiration inside tubing.
- Ideal for user to carry in pocket or purse while home or traveling.
- Special valve in rear enables high pressure to build up at all times
Dry & Store Global II
A drying and storage unit for nightly use with your hearing aids, cochlear implant hardware, tinnitus maskers, and ear monitors. This active system combines heat, moving air, and a desiccant to absorb and release moisture from your hearing technology. The process takes eight hours and is best used at night while sleeping. After conditioning your hearing system, the dehumidifier shuts off automatically and acts as a storage unit for your devices.